-
January 9th, 2003, 09:15 PM
#1
Inactive Member
you want to be when you grew up?
ha... Im so full of questions lately...
I wanted to be a nurse, or work in SeaWorld! wow what happened to that dream...
next...
-
January 10th, 2003, 01:01 AM
#2
Inactive Member
i wanted to be an artist...........
or ...a hair designer....but i had some hair issues...and i knew....that no one would come to me..on that
so........... artist...
-
January 10th, 2003, 01:32 AM
#3
PNSONR
Guest
i wanted to be an oceanographer ...
i even went to visit the university of miami, florida and talked to a football coach but they told me "not many walk-ons survive"
then i thought i wanted to be an electrical engineer, so i applied at the university of cincinnati, but i applied to late to get into the engineering college.
so i enrolled in pre-engineering in the arts and science collage at uc. turns out all my friends were going to uc also...
after my first year in a&s, i tried to transfer to the engineering college, but with my grade point average not exactly the highest it could be for various reasons *G*, they told me all they could let me in was metalurgical or civil engineering. i said "ok, what are those?" *L*
i chose civil engineering and now i design airfields.
so there you have it...
i still want to be an oceanographer when i grow up *G*
-
January 10th, 2003, 01:39 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
I wanted to be an Archaeologist or an Egyptologist..I still love looking up info about ancient civilisations..
And I wanted to be a famous artist..but Im just an amature artist right now..*L*
-
January 10th, 2003, 09:31 PM
#5
Inactive Member
ahh this is great *G* thanks for responding all of you. I think its fun to see what our dreams are or still are at different points in our lives.
What kind of artist Chloe? I know you have a way with words.
and Belle I've heard that you are quite the painter!
Pnsonr! what exactly is a metalurgical? You staying busier then ever I bet!
I also wanted to be a singer.. ha! *G* Thought of counseling.. Not for me personally though I could probably use some too [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
January 11th, 2003, 02:02 PM
#6
Inactive Member
im a doodler...i've sold some junk to people who just like me..there fore...like my work
im doodling a faerie for Blazey..but dont tell her....
im a nature doodler.... loons..moose..trees...
comes from being a outdoorsy girl
but... back to the... what did i want to be thing...
I was a poor student..math and science related fields seemed out of my realm...so I went for the creative things......hated school..nevre had a favorite teacher... got kicked out... was tardy... quiet..all that *L
only to...become an
Educator.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
I am a teacher... I know I have a few of my old teachers still in shock.
Some how ...the rotten student figured out how to teach..and I have a way of reaching those kids
that ...feel the same way I did....
I have a license to teach k - 6.... I absolutely love it. During the school year..this year..I am teaching 3rd grade..... and in the summer..I teach some really tough....11 - -16 year old kids...who..visit Minnesota..for the summer... its tough, hot..physical...and I love that too....Next year tho...I have a feeling I will be working at McDonalds...
In my best.... drive thru voice...
"do you want that supersized?"
studies show....200 plus applicants for each teaching job in MN...
nice odds....
*smacks people around*
-
January 12th, 2003, 07:23 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
I first wanted to be an airplane.......
then...... a fire engine.
I decided later in life I'd have to be pretty large to be those, so I decided to be just plain rich.... I was gonna live on a houseboat, with white shag carpeting and an orange fireplace.
Then I decided I wanted to Marry a plumber, I thought they were rich........
-
January 13th, 2003, 02:15 AM
#8
Inactive Member
ive truly decided...i probably can do anything.......... and be okay.....
as long as im happy....with who im with and why....and all that jazz...
job is detailz...and minor...
food clothes....dogs........ nature..... and a roof over my head...sound good
-
January 13th, 2003, 03:55 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I wanted to be nanny and work on a cruise ship
or be a primate handler in a Zoo
-
January 13th, 2003, 04:30 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I grew up in a strict catholic household..went to an all catholic school and was told I was gonna be a nun.....Little did they know they were raising the devil's mistress..*G*
Then I wanted to be a lawyer....Went to Uni and did a volunteer program working with troubled teens and mentally challenged adults...and bam...I went into Human behaviors....and such is life....
I shoulda been a nun....it woulda been much easier.. [img]redface.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks